Free Delivery from €29
Do you feel bad, do you have chills, sweats, or aches? This is the time to check if you have a fever by taking your body temperature. The medical thermometer is an indispensable measuring instrument in your pharmacy kit. Importantly, never replace a doctor's advice and diagnosis with your temperature self-measurements.
There are different types of thermometers to measure your body temperature or that of your children. If you are a little lost and do not know which thermometer to choose, do not panic, we explain everything below.
Discover our range of reliable and easy-to-use thermometers for children, babies and adults through two technologies:
- The Probe Thermometer.
- The Infrared Thermometer.
Our medical thermometers:
Regulations: Thermometers are class IIa (moderate/measured potential risk) medical devices regulated at European level. As such, all our thermometers meet the European requirements in force and are CE certified by one of the most important notified bodies.
The probe thermometer:
Horizane Santé offers a complete range of probe thermometers to meet the different needs of your family members:
- The children's thermometer: de-dramatize the temperature measurement with its colorful teddy bear shape!
- The adult thermometer: simple and practical, a must have in your pharmacy kit!
- The large screen thermometer: facilitate the legibility of the measurement with a large LCD screen that displays the temperature of 3 different colors to alert you to an early fever or a high fever!
The most of the Plic Care electronic probe thermometers:
- Flexible tips for more comfort and safety
- Readable LCD screens
- Sound indicators at the end of the measurement
- Automatic shutdown so as not to wear out the batteries
- The ability to change batteries
- Waterproof for simple and practical cleaning (cotton + 70° alcohol)
- A protective case
- Colorful designs
Infrared technology makes it possible to bring more speed and practicality to the taking of body temperature. Be careful, however, of several elements! Infrared sensors are very sensitive and very accurate but they are calibrated to take body temperature at a certain distance from the body. Taking infrared measurements outside this calibration distance may therefore display inaccurate measurements, especially since the ambient temperature can also influence the latter.
We offer two front infrared thermometers (with or without contact) with the best of current technology, which take into account these elements, and which meet your different needs:
- The Mini D: No more need for privacy specific to probe thermometers, control the evolution of your temperature or that of your loved ones throughout the day. Its unique pocket size will allow you to take it anywhere with you, whether at work or traveling. Its large LCD screen and multi-colored LED shows you the last 20 measurements. Extremely practical, simply put its infrared sensor on your forehead and wait for the beep sound at the end of the shot after a second!
- The Triple Sensor: No more non-contact infrared thermometer that displays random measurements based on the measurement distance! Equipped with the best of current technology, your Triple Sensor has an infrared sensor with a funnel probe port to maximize the amount of infrared rays emitted by your forehead, an ambient temperature sensor and a distance sensor. The combination of these three sensors ensures accurate, reliable and fast contactless measurement with confidence. In order to respect the calibration distance of the infrared sensor, your Triple Sensor controls the distance of your measurement and only displays measurements between 0 and 3 cm from your forehead. For total comfort of use you can use it with or without contact. It memorizes the last 30 body measurements and displays a color diagnosis in green, yellow or red depending on your temperature. You also have a second mode that allows you to measure the temperature of liquids (bath water, bottle ...) and the ambient temperature.
How to take your temperature?
The temperature is specific to each individual, it is important to take your temperature when you are healthy in order to determine your reference values for fever according to the measurement method you use. So you can better interpret the measurements obtained when you have symptoms. Thermometers are essential measuring devices to control the evolution of your temperature, but in no case should your temperature self-measurements replace the advice and diagnosis of a doctor.
- Rectally: After first disinfecting your probe thermometer (cotton + 70° alcohol), gently insert it into the rectum, about 2.5 cm, then avoid any movement for about thirty seconds, until an audible alert sounds. After use, clean your thermometer again. We can consider for a majority of people a normal rectal body temperature range between 36.6°C and 38°C. Indeed the temperature fluctuates for each individual during the day and is also different depending on age or other factors (man / woman, diet, pregnant women ..).
- Oral: Come place your probe thermometer under your tongue, and close your mouth. It is recommended that you have not drunk hot or cold drinks before taking your temperature. Once the temperature is taken, an audible signal will arise.
- Axillary: Place a probe thermometer in the center of your armpit, then put your arm along the torso to prevent air from passing. Once your thermometer rings, check your temperature.
- Tympanic/ear: Place the cleaned infrared tip of your thermometer in the ear canal by scrupulously following the instructions for use of your device. Ear measurement is considered by many doctors to be one of the most reliable measurements for measuring an individual's body temperature.
- Frontal or temporal: To measure its temperature by frontal route, you just need to bring an infrared thermometer. Place your thermometer at your forehead and wait for it to ring. Fast, simple and hygienic, the forehead thermometer with or without contact is an ideal solution to take the temperature.
How to choose your medical thermometer?
From birth to 2 years of age, it is recommended to use a probe thermometer rectally. Thanks to its thin and flexible tip, the Plic Care electronic thermometer ensures the greatest comfort of use. Nevertheless, it is not recommended to use a thermometer rectally too many times so as not to damage the child's rectum. Thus, to track the temperature evolution of your child throughout the day or night, you can supplement with an infrared thermometer (less invasive) and opt for a forehead or ear thermometer. Extremely convenient, this infrared thermometer will allow you to monitor your child's temperature even while they sleep.
For an adult:
We advise you to opt for the thermometer according to your needs and habits. If you know your reference temperatures with a probe thermometer, do not hesitate to complete them with an infrared thermometer (Triple Senor or Mini D) that will allow you to follow your temperature evolution throughout the day with confidence whether you are at home or not.
- Non-contact infrared forehead thermometer
- Three sensors: infrared, distance and ambient temperature
- Unique algorithm that corrects the measurement according to the ambient temperature
- Color screen according to temperature
- Measures the temperature of the body, liquids and objects
- Memory of the last 30 takes
Flexible thermometer for adults - Rose
Plic care |
- Flexible probe thermometer
- Memory of the last take
Flexible thermometer for adults - Vert
Plic care |
- Flexible probe thermometer
- Memory of the last take
Auritech thermometer - Precitech
- Infrared ear thermometer.
- No disposable tips.
- Simple, reliable and accurate.
- Diagnostic 3 color screen.
- X10 memory.
Mini digital thermometer
- Infrared front sensor 1 second
- Quality LCD screen
- Color LEDs according to temperature
- Memory of the last 20 takes
- Automatic shutdown 30 seconds